APPLYING LEARNING THEORIES IP 3
Once you have completed the unit reading assignment related to the Kermit and the Keyboard story, do the following:
- Compare and contrast the 3 different cognitivist theories in this situation.
- Discuss elements that are unique to each viewpoint and that are discussed by all.
- In the ones discussed by all, what elements are viewed in the same manner, and which ones are viewed differently?
Harry is your 7-year-old son, and Sasha is your 11-year-old daughter. Refer to Piagets theory of genetic epistemology and to Bruner, Vygotsky, or other cognitive theories, and describe the ways in which you would help these two children in their school studies. Harry is having trouble with vocabulary and reading. Sasha is having a problem converting fractions to decimals and with converting numbers to percentages.
Answer the following questions based on the scenario:
- How can you apply what you know about cognitive theory to these two different situations?
- What limitations, if any, do you find in confining your solutions to cognitive theory?
Use proper APA format for this paper. Your submission should be a properly formatted and referenced APA document. Be sure to use title page, abstract, and reference page with your content.