What nursing actions should be taken when caring for a child in skeletal traction?
- What can the nurse do to reduce the child’s fear of hospitalization?
- According to Erikson, what psychosocial developmental stage is this child in?
- What diversional activities can the nurse provide while the child is in skeletal traction to promote growth and development?
- Following surgery, what assessment findings would cause the nurse to notify the health care provider (HCP)?
- What is compartment syndrome? What are the findings of compartment syndrome?
- What nursing actions should be taken when caring for a child in skeletal traction?
- What is a primary nursing diagnosis related to the above case study?
- After two weeks of skeletal traction, the child is placed in a long leg cast and is discharged. What discharge teaching should the nurse provide to the child and his parents regarding cast care?