After you have taken your virtual field trip and examined first-hand accounts about the Depression-era problems and people, write a summary (1200 words) of your own experiences and observations about the people and the programs you encountered, highlighting at least three of them. Include in your summary:
- What were the purposes or goals of these programs?
- What impact did these programs have on the people you met on the virtual field trip?
Following three programms:(LINKS)
1) If youd like to get in the proper thirties mood, begin with some music at Manufacturing Memory: American Popular Music in the 1930s
2) Learn about what followed the crash and how it impacted people in towns and cities in the Great Plains. Farming in the 1930s: What Followed the Crash
3) Listen to someone who remembers the Works Progress Administration (WPA) and find out how workers were paid. Farming in the 1930s: WPA