Identify at least two (2) internal factors that have the potential to influence the change
Through this assessment, the student will meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO 1: Examine roles and competencies of masters-prepared nurses essential to performing as leaders and advocates of holistic, safe, and quality care.
CO 3: Analyze essential skills needed to lead within the context of complex systems.
CO 4: Explore the process of scholarship engagement to improve health and healthcare outcomes in various settings.
Total Points Possible
This assessment is worth 175 points.
Submit your file(s) by 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday at the end of Week 5.
Criteria for Content
Review literature or reflect on an experience that is related to common concepts and topics specific to your identified specialty track. Information on common topics for specific specialty tracks is located in Course Resources. Reflect on an area of passion that facilitated your specialty track selection. Identify a common issue/concern related to your identified area of interest.
1. In a PowerPoint Presentation, address the following:
a. Introduction to presentation
b. Explain the importance of masters-prepared nurses conducting evidence-based projects related to nursing practice and profession.
c. Discuss a model for developing an evidence-based project
i. Include illustration (diagram) of model
d. Identify specialty track and reasons for selecting this area of study
e. Introduce area of interest
i. Discuss what is known about the concept or topic
ii. Provide common themes, ideas, or facts found in literature
f. Identify a common issue/concern related to your identified area of interest. Provide a recommendation for positive change related to the identified issue/concern.
g. Consider factors that might influence the recommended change
ii. Identify at least two (2) external factors that have the potential to influence the change.
h. Identify two (2) AACN Masters Essentials that address or support an evidence-based project related to your area of interest.
i. Conclusion to presentation
j. Provide references
Preparing the paper
1. Application: Use Microsoft Word 2013™ to create the PowerPoint presentation.
2. Length: The PowerPoint presentation must be 12 total slides (excluding title and reference slides).
3. Speaker notes are used and include in-text citations when applicable.
4. A minimum of four (4) scholarly literature references must be used.
5. Submission: Submit your file: Last name_First initial_Wk5Assessment_Area of Interest.
Best Practices in Preparing the Project
The following are best practices in preparing this project:
1. Review directions thoroughly.
2. Follow submission requirements.
3. Make sure all elements on the grading rubric are included.
4. Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal, scientific writing.
5. Review the Creating a Professional Presentation located in Course Resources.
6. Ideas and information that come from scholarly literature must be cited and referenced correctly.
7. A minimum of four (4) scholarly literature references must be used.
8. Abide by CCN academic integrity policy.