Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper (1,000 to 1,200 words) in which you:
1. Provide an introduction to the paper with a thesis statement.
2. Describe at least three (3) key historical events and / or legal decisions that make the issue a
major or important one in the U.S.
3. Discuss at least three (3) social psychology concepts addressed in the course that are related to
4. Analyze at least three (3) challenges individuals and law enforcement agencies face with the
5. Explain your agreement with at least three (3) statements by authors of the references cited.
6. Explain your disagreement with at least two (2) statements by authors of the references cited.
7. Recommend at least two (2) ways that individuals should address the issue to help improve
social elements involved in the issue.
8. Suggest at least two (2) ways those in criminal justice (police officers, prosecuting attorneys, and
/ or judges) should address the issue.
9. Provide a conclusion to the paper that includes a reference to the thesis statement and contains a
summary of the main points.
10. Provide at least three (3) external peer-reviewed references to support your paper.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
? Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your
professor for any additional instructions.
? Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the students name, the professors
name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length or word count.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are: