Examine issues related to practice authority and collective bargaining faced by nurse practitioners and other advanced practice nurses.
Select two clients you observed or counseled this week during a family therapy session. Note: The two clients you select must have attended the same family session. Do not select the same family you selected for Week 2.
Then, address in your Practicum Journal the following:
- Using the Group Therapy Progress Note in this week’s Learning Resources, document the family session.
- Describe each client (without violating HIPAA regulations) and identify any pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications.
- Using the DSM-5, explain and justify your diagnosis for each client.
- Explain whether solution-focused or cognitive behavioral therapy would be more effective with this family. Include expected outcomes based on these therapeutic approaches.
- Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling each client.
- Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
1. Reflect on the current roles of advanced practice nurses in healthcare as the care providers at the front line of disease management and health promotion in primary care and many other specialty settings. What do you think are some effective tactics for APN strategic positioning regarding pay equality? Should APNs position themselves as lower-cost providers who provide better care or push for comparable worth, same service and same pay?
2. Discuss the impact of global migration on the nursing workforce and its particular influence on advanced practice nurses’ demand and compensation.
3. Examine issues related to practice authority and collective bargaining faced by nurse practitioners and other advanced practice nurses.
All discussion posts must be minimum 250 words, references must be cited in APA format, and must include minimum of 2 scholarly resources published within the past 5-7 years.