Evaluate the efficacy of therapeutic approaches for clients*
5 REFERENCES NOT MORE THAN 5 YEARS
Patient is a 66 years old Hispanic male admitted to Nursing Home due to Psychotic disorder, Sleep disturbances,Depression, HTN. Patient was seen by psychiatrist following report by the staff that patient refuses care.Patient is currently on Trazodone 25 mg p.o QHS for sleep disturbance, Mirtazapine 7.5mg p.o QHS for depression, seroquel 25 mg p.o qhs for psychosis . No GDR Recommended at this time because Pt is quite symptomatic. Pt to continue with current medication.Pt will be follow up in 3 months.
- Develop diagnoses for clients receiving psychotherapy*
- Evaluate the efficacy of therapeutic approaches for clients*
- Analyze legal and ethical implications of counseling clients with psychiatric disorders*
* The Assignment related to this Learning Objective is introduced this week and submitted in Week 7.
Select a client whom you observed or counseled that suffers from a disorder related to trauma. Then, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
- Describe the client (without violating HIPAA regulations) and identify any pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications.
- Using the DSM-5, explain and justify your diagnosis for this client.
- Explain whether any of the therapeutic approaches in this week’s Learning Resources would be effective with this client. Include expected outcomes based on these therapeutic approaches. Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
- Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling this client.