Distinguish between an explanatory and predictive research study.
Chapter 1-4 Please provide 50-100 word answers for each question
- Why must business managers understand the importance of business research and how it is used in their organizations? Please feel free to share how business research is used on your own organization.
- What is the difference between applied research and basic or pure research? Use a decision about how a salesperson is to be paid, by commission or salary, and describe the question that would guide applied research versus the question that would guide pure research.
- Distinguish between an explanatory and predictive research study.
- Distinguish between a reporting study and descriptive study.
- Why is research ethics important in business? Describe the rights and obligations of the participant, researcher, and research sponsor? Please feel free to describe an ethical dilemma you faced in your own business when doing research.
- What are the essential tenets of the scientific method, and why is the scientific method important to business research? How have you incorporated the scientific method into your own research projects in the past?
- Identify and classify all the variables in the Arms’ Dud Shell research.
- Discuss the problems of trading off exploration and pilot testing under tight budgetary constraints. What are the immediate and long term effects?