Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the two theories for the organisation.
Assess the benefits of teams in an organisation of your choice, by applying two different theories of team development. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the two theories for
Academic year and term: 2016-2017 Semester One
Module title: MANAGING ORGANISATIONS
Type of assessment:
Essay 2,000 words.
Instructions for assessment
You will be undertaking one overall assessment which includes a written essay of 2,000 words on a management topic to assess your knowledge of management theory and practice that you will be
applying in your essay. You will choose one essay topic from a choice of three. These topics relate directly to the subjects addressed the lectures and seminars.
2,000 words (10% either side) excluding the bibliography.
1. Assess the benefits of teams in an organisation of your choice, by applying two different theories of team development. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the two theories for the
Stages of Group Development (Tuckman & Jensen 1977)
Belbins Team Roles
OR CHOSE ONE EXAMPLE MICROSOFT OR GOOGLE
Marking criteria – Assessment (Essay with online test)
• Introduction 10%
• Critical review of relevant management theories 25%
• Analytic discussion of topic with relevant example(s) 25%
• Conclusion 10%
• Clarity of writing, essay structure, correct referencing etc. 10%
• Online test (multiple choice) 20%
You MUST use the Harvard System. The Harvard system is very easy to use once you become familiar with it.
Boddy, D. (2014) Management: An Introduction (6th Ed). Harlow: Pearson Education.
Read Chapters: 17
Management and organisational behaviour
Laurie J. Mullins (2016)
On Loan (3)
David A. Buchanan (2016)
On Loan (5)
Business ethics: managing corporate citizenship and sustainability in the age of globalization
Andrew Crane (2015)
On Loan (1)