Discuss how nurses can assist in effectively managing patient care within an evolving health care system.
Rate yourself using the results from the “Nurse Manager Skills Inventory” (See Attachment).
Write a reflection of 850 ‐1,000 words in which you identify your strengths and weaknesses related to the four content areas below:
1. Personal and professional accountability
2. Career planning
3. Personal journey disciplines
4. Reflective practice reference behaviors/tenets
Discuss how you will use your current leadership skill set to advocate for change in your workplace.
Identify one personal goal for your leadership growth and discuss your implementation plan to achieve that goal.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, a strong thesis statement, thorough conclusion and solid academic writing with in-text citations is expected. References should be presented using APA documentation guidelines. Please include in-text citations with all factual information, a minimum of three scholarly in-text citations and references are required for this assignment. References must be within the last 5 -7 years.
You are required to submit this assignment to Lopes Write.
Review the Institute of Medicine’s 2010 report “The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.” Write a 750-1,000 word paper discussing the influence of the IOM report on nursing practice. Include the following:
- Summarize the four messages outlined in the IOM report and explain why these are significant to nursing practice.
- Discuss the direct influence the IOM report has on nursing education and nursing leadership. Describe the benefits and opportunities for BSN-prepared nurses.
- Explain why it is important that a nurse’s role and education evolve to meet the needs of an aging and increasingly diverse population.
- Discuss the significance of professional development, or lifelong learning, and its relevance in caring for diverse populations across the life span and within the health-illness continuum.
- Discuss how nurses can assist in effectively managing patient care within an evolving health care system.