Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center. Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 2: Executing Strategies in a Global Environment: Examining the Case of Federal Express
Due Week 6 and worth 250 points
Review Case 7 “The Evolution of the Small Package Express Delivery Industry, 1973 – 2010”, located in the textbook to complete this assignment
Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
1. Analyze Federal Expresss value creation frontier, and determine which of the four building blocks of competitive advantage the company needs in order to continue to maintain above-average profitability. Provide a rationale to support the response.
2. Determine the main aspect of product differentiation and capacity control that Federal Express could use in order to maintain an edge over its rivals. Justify the response.
3. Assess the efficiency of Federal Expresss current business model, and recommend one (1) new business-level strategy that gives the company a competitive advantage over its rivals. Provide a rationale for the recommendation.
4. Examine the manner in which overall global competition may impact the new business strategy that you recommended in Question 3. Next, suggest one (1) significant way that Federal Express may confront its global competition.
5. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar type Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the students name, the professors name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Describe strategic planning techniques used to formulate alternative strategies designed to achieve stated business goals. Recommend effective business strategies based on an analysis of domestic and global operating environments, market dynamics, and internal capabilities. Use technology and information resources to research issues in strategic management. Write clearly and concisely about strategic management using proper writing mechanics.