Description Identify a topic of relevance to your degree discipline, review relevant literature on this topic, develop a research question and identify a suitable methodology for conducting a piece of research to answer this.
Date Assessment due Monday 11th July 16
Learning Outcomes Assessed Learning Outcome 1: Demonstrate knowledge and a critical understanding of the range of research method (s) used in the student’s area (s) of study.
Learning Outcome 2: Demonstrate the ability to retrieve and appraise current research related to the students’ area (s) of study.
Learning Outcome 3: Identify a health or social care related review topic, place this within the context of an established body of knowledge and develop a coherent research question.
Learning Outcome 4: Demonstrate a critical understanding of the two main research methodologies and select the most appropriate of these to answer your chosen research question
Hand in arrangements Hand two copies of your work – electronic and hard copy.
This copy MUST include a copy of the front sheet of your 4 chosen studies.
Your work cannot be marked without a copy of the front page of each of your chosen studies in an appendix to your essay.
You can cut and paste the front page of each of your studies into an appendix at the end of your essay.
• I want my study topic to be adult obesity within women in the UK.
• Include factors which are the key themes related to the topic from journal articles in the UK.
• Choose four research studies from the journal articles to review and compare the factors affecting obesity within women in the UK.
• I need a copy of the complete four research studies you choose in my coursework; you can put it in the appendices.
• Come up with a new research question related to my topic and add in the coursework.
• Also in the appendices (at the end of the assignment) add a search description or a literature review of how you achieved the four chosen studies and journal articles.
• Please use Harvard referencing.
• There’s an example essay template and step by step guide below: