Culturally appropriate care planning
Then, address the following:
- Describe the key components of conducting a comprehensive cultural assessment (rationales, interventions and evaluations may be found on the internet).
- Choose two of the components, reflect on your own culture and how it impacts your own attitude toward those aspects of providing culturally diverse care.
- Imagine that you are working in a physicians office. A patient of a background different from your own comes in to be seen for a newly diagnosed problem. Create two nursing diagnoses that reflect cultural diversity (look at Appendix A for guidance ie., “Barrier to communication”); then give rationale for each diagnosis and describe how you would intervene and evaluate for success of your plan of care
Minimum of four (4) total references: two (2) references from required course materials and two (2) peer-reviewed references. All references must be no older than five years (unless making a specific point using a seminal piece of information)
Peer-reviewed references include references from professional data bases such as PubMed or CINHAL applicable to population and practice area, along with evidence based clinical practice guidelines. Examples of unacceptable references are Wikipedia, UpToDate, Epocrates, Medscape, WebMD, hospital organizations, insurance recommendations, & secondary clinical databases.
Unless otherwise specified, all the written assignment must follow APA 6th edition formatting, citations and references. Click here to download the Microsoft Word APA 6th edition template. Make sure you cross-reference the APA 6th edition book as well before submitting the assignment.
Number of Pages/Words
Unless otherwise specified all papers should have a minimum of 600 words (approximately 2.5 pages) excluding the title and reference pages.
Transcultural Concepts in Nursing Care, Joyceen S. Boyle & Margaret M. Andrews. (2015), 7th edition.
- Chapters 3 – Cultural Competence in the Health History and Physical Examination
- Chapters 10 – Transcultural Perspectives in Mental Health Nursing
- Chapters 11 – Culture, Family, and Community
- Chapters 13 – Religion, Culture, and Nursing
Click here to view The Giger and Davidhizar Transcultural Assessment Model (2002) article