Write clearly and concisely about American History to 1865 using proper writing mechanics.
For the first part of this assignment you will create a thesis statement. A thesis statement is usually a single sentence somewhere in your first paragraph that presents your main idea to the reader. The body of the essay organizes the material you gather and present in support of your main idea. Keep in mind that a thesis is an interpretation of a question or subject, not the subject itself. (Note: Please consult the Purdue OWL Website with tips on how to construct a proper thesis; the website can be found at: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/545/01/Part 2: For the next part of this assignment you will create an outline of the main points you want to address in this paper. This will serve as the basis for your Assignment 2.2 Final Draft. (Note: Please use the Purdue Owl Website to assist you with this assignment; this website can be accessed at: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/engagement/2/2/55/2. Write a one to two (1-2) page outline in which you:
a. Describe two (2) outcomes of the 3/5ths Compromise, Missouri Compromise of 1820, Compromise of 1850, Kansas-Nebraska Act, and the Dred Scott Decision. Note: Be sure to provide two (2) outcomes for each legislation.
b. Suggest three (3) reasons why slavery was and is incompatible with our political and economic system.
c. List three to five (3-5) driving forces that led to the Civil War.
d. Use at least three (3) academic references besides or in addition to the textbook. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the students name, the professors name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Recognize the main factors that led to Americas early development.
- Identify and discuss the different ways that the heritages of slavery, the Civil War, and Reconstruction have shaped Americas history.
- Summarize and discuss the ways that formal policies of government have influenced the direction of historical and social development in the United States.
- Examine how changes in social and economic conditions and technology can cause corresponding changes in the attitudes of the people and policies of the government.
- Specify ways that women and minorities have responded to challenges and made contributions to American culture.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in American History to 1865.
- Write clearly and concisely about American History to 1865 using proper writing mechanics.