Due Sun Feb 24th by 11:00 PM Eastern Time (6 hours from now)
Task: You are to write a 300 – 350 word letter (Letter format!) to your instructor reflecting your learning experience on how to make your message persuasive. Your work should reflect how the new learning has influenced your thinking when creating your message persuasive. Save as a Word Document. Be sure you have a minimum of three paragraphs. Introduction, Body, and Conclusion.
Read the attachments below. Write a 300-350 word letter reflecting on how you will use what you learned to change yourself and/or apply it to your career. I currently work in a retail store. You can pick as many topics from the attachments below. You can simply write about 1 thing if you can fill the letter, or you can write about multiple things.
Please note this is a REFLECTION on how you will use this information in the future. Do not just rephrase what the information is about.
How to Write a Reflection
Reflection is a combination of cognition, emotion, and body sensations. Here is an approach to help you reflect well. Not only will you learn the information, but the process of reflection actually boosts the brain’s ability to make decisions.
1. Using a quiet mind and a quiet environment, be quiet and listen to your houghts. Reflection is quiet.
2. Step One is Critical Thinking: Ask questions like…
- What did I learn that I expected? What did I learn that I didn’t expect?
- How am I changed?
- What will I do with this information?
- How will I influence others with this information?
3. Step Two: Examine your own thinking. How was I thinking that? What was I thinking? Why? What were my biases, assumptions, etc?
4. Step Four (We skip gathering information.): After confidence to your learning based on the content covered, decide a writing core – a focus.
5. Write in first person. Write with depth – no surface only comments. Write with specificity. What exactly did you learn and what will you do with that new you?