Whats your thought on the article from the perspective of a doctoral student?
Discussion: Overlapping Aspects of Decisions
In this weeks Discussion, you will explore what happens after decisions are made, communicated, and executed. If it were not for the execution step, decision making would be an academic exercise that would have virtually no impact on the real world. Through the execution step, the benefit of decision making can be used to actually improve peoples lives, organizations, and ultimately, the world.
Have you ever made a decision that led to unintended or unexpected consequences? Personal decisions often lead to more than one consequence, no matter how hard one tries to anticipate and plan for any possible occurrence. Consider the stakes when an organizational decision involving many stakeholders is implemented. In this situation, the number of effects a decision may have can multiply exponentially.
Based on your personal experience, focus on organizational overlap in new decisions—how one decision can affect other decisions, such as existing policy, and so on.
1. Propose a set of circumstances in an organization with which you are familiar, in which an overlapping structure, overlapping set of responsibilities, or shared/overlapping governance would create a series of decisions that affect other decisions.
2. Explain the measures you would need to take as a manager or stakeholder to ensure that overlaps are identified, removed, mitigated, or addressed.
3. Explain whether these overlaps provide a positive checks-and-balances system or if they would prove to be an impediment.
Minimum of 3 references in APA format
Search for one recent article (no more than five years old but preferably less than three years old) related to the topic above. You are required to post a link to your selected article in the Webliography, of your assigned week. Note that do not use that article as part of your reference for the week.
Submit your article in this format
1. Name of the article in APA format
2. What problem was the driver of the research?
3. What unique contributions to the body of literature does the author(s) claim to make?
4. What question or comment would you like classmates to address about the relevance of the article to their doctoral studies?
5. Whats your thought on the article from the perspective of a doctoral student?