What factors affect productivity and profitability?
In this Milestone, you will submit the operations management section of your project management plan. Assess the history and trends of operations management, focusing on the business or company you selected (The selected company is Tesla Inc.). Provide rationale for the selection of your business development opportunity.
Outline the management information structure of the proposed business information system for your new business opportunity. Consider specific IS concepts in Chapter 12 to outline your proposed system. (See attached Chapter)
In complete 5-8 pages paper, specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
- a) Assess the significant forces that have shaped operations management in recent history. How did these forces impact the business operations of your company? If your company does not yet exist, how do you envision these forces will impact the business operations of your company?
- b) Critique the key obstacles and issues that confronted company management during the evolution of operations management into the modern era. How did your companys management handle these obstacles? If your company did not exist then, how do you think they would have responded to these issues?
- c) Assess changes to operations management philosophies and organizational structures in response to the evolving complexity of business operations. In other words, what has changed and why?
- d) Analyze the business operations of your selected company. Consider questions such as these in your response: What organizational processes does the company use? How do the business operations support the strategic plan, mission, and vision of the company? What factors affect productivity and profitability?
- e) Determine the key trends in production, quality, resource, and information management with a focus on the business operations of your company.
- f) Assess the impact of these key trends on the business operations of your selected company and on the business product, service, or other idea in your business plan.