Complete the following questions in detail. Answer each question with a 1- or 2-paragraph response that includes a reference citation. Make use of Experiencing the
World’s Religions and other sources in your research as you complete the questions.
1. Describe the principles of yang and yin.
2. The main scripture in Daoism is the Daodejing (Tao Te Ching). What is the history and importance of this text for the tradition?
3. How are Daoist ideals expressed through art? Offer several examples.
4. What challenges does Daoism face in the modern world?
5. Explain a situation to which following the Daoist principle of wu wei might be beneficial to you or others. In what situation might following the principle of
wu wei be harmful in some way?