utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors
Differentiate the Major Regulatory Restrictions on NP Practice
NPs have scopes of practice that are regulated by state laws, boards of nursing, boards of medicine and reimbursement that may differ depending on your location. There are several sources of restrictions to NP practice such as state laws and federal regulations which include who may prescribe controlled substances and which substances NPs can prescribe, as well as the various reimbursement agencies. It is essential that the NP be fully informed of what they are allowed to do by law (state and federal) or by other regulatory organizations. These regulations vary widely from state to state. Consequences of practicing outside your scope of practice may be anything from a fine, suspension or revocation of your license, civil lawsuit, or even criminal charges.
Use the provided template to compare and contrast the three major regulatory practice models for NPs: Supervisory, Collaborative, and Independent. Please keep this assignment in the template format provided. This Assignment requires credible and up to date resources for each category. Include in each model at least one state that represents the scope of practice you are discussing. For example, Texas requires a supervisory relationship with a physician along with a practice agreement, formulary, and protocols. In order to apply and receive a DEA license to prescribe controlled substances, you must be approved by the state you are practicing in to prescribe these medications.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section under Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above)
- consult the Grading Rubric (under Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics
- use APA 7th Edition format for organization, style, and crediting sources. Refer to the APA Progression Ladder.