Topic effective Approaches in leadership and Management
In this assignment, you will be writing a 1,000-1,250-word essay describing the differing approaches of nursing leaders and managers to issues in practice. To complete
this assignment, do the following:
1. Select an issue from the following list: nursing shortage and nurse turn-over, nurse staffing ratios, unit closures and restructuring, use of contract employees
(i.e., registry and travel nurses), continuous quality improvement and patient satisfaction, and magnet designation.
2. Compare and contrast how you would expect nursing leaders and managers to approach your selected issue. Support your rationale by using the theories, principles,
skills, and roles of the leader versus manager described in your readings.
3. Identify the approach that best fits your personal and professional philosophy of nursing and explain why the approach is suited to your personal leadership style.
4. Use at least two references other than your text and those provided in the course.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
1. Nurse staffing ratio
Leadership and Nursing Care Management Read chapters 7, 8, 9, 11, and 19.https://evolve.elsevier.com
3. Holistic approach / I think of it as a service to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It is based on the relationships and commitment to my patients, families,
community, and my colleagues. To be the advocate by helping them through their experience.