Click the link above to submit your assignment.
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” video in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 3.1: Determining Causes and Effects – Draft Version
Due Week 7 and worth 150 points
Select one (1) of the following scenarios on which to focus your cause and effect paper. Research the topic and include credible sources to support claims. Identify your purpose clearly, incorporate audience needs, establish a desired tone, and organize information/claims effectively.
1. The President of Strayer University has asked you (a full time university professor) to write about the major causes and effects of stress on college students. The paper will be presented to senior administration in order to help students have a more positive college experience.
2. The director of your state unemployment agency has asked you (a public relations specialist) to write about the causes and effects of unemployment on an individual/family. The paper will be presented to the agency as they make decisions about reaching out to those who need jobs.
3. The CEO of Bank of America has asked you (a financial analyst) to write a paper on the causes and effects on not keeping a personal budget. The paper will be presented to the communications department of the company so they can create budget forms for customers.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Provide a clear thesis statement.
- Describe the major cause.
- Describe a leading second cause
- Describe two (2) economic effects of the cause..
- Describe two (2) effects on people.
- Develop a coherently structured paper with an introduction, body, and conclusion.
- Provide three (3) relevant and credible sources to support claims. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Associate the features of audience, purpose, and text with various genres.
- Recognize the elements and correct use of a thesis statement.
- Recognize how to organize ideas with transitional words, phrases, and sentences.
- Incorporate relevant, correctly documented sources to substantiate claims.
- Apply the writing process to develop various writing genres.
- Write clearly and concisely about selected topics using proper writing mechanics.
- Use technology and information resources to research selected issues for this course.