Managing Contract Issues in Business at Home and Abroad
Week 10 eActivity
- Using the Internet or Strayer Database, research one (1) breach of contract case involving a U.S. company and the application of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG). Recommended cites for finding cases:
- Lexis/Nexis database, Strayer University Library
- Institute of International Commercial Law, Pace Law School at http://www.cisg.law.pace.edu/
- Case Law on United Nations International Trade Law (CLOUT) athttp://www.uncitral.org/uncitral/en/case_law.html
“Managing Contract Issues in Business at Home and Abroad” Please respond to the following:
- Imagine you are a senior manager in a U.S. manufacturing firm who procures component parts and services from various states. Analyze three (3) clauses in a potential contract that might put your company at risk if not sufficiently scrutinized prior to signing a contract. Determine whether or not you can assume that the Uniform Commercial Code will apply to the contract. Provide a rationale for your response.
- From the e-Activity, discuss the major issues addressed in the case you found. Explain the contract law that the court applied to the case and why. Then, determine at least one (1) action in drafting the contract that either company to the dispute could have taken to avoid litigation.