Program: BA of Science Organizational and Security Management
Course: Principles of Investigation (SEC430)
Assignment: Private and Public Criminal Investigation Comparison Paper (Week 2)
Research major differences between public criminal investigations and private security investigations.
Write a 1,050 word paper identifying the major differences between public criminal investigations and investigators and their private security counterparts. Include the following in your comparison:
1. The differences and similarities between sectors, including the methods of operation during criminal investigations and the chain of command.
2. At least two situations where private and public investigators must interact.
– Identify sources of information, both unique and common, to each sector.
– Explain scientific methods used by both sectors to investigate crimes.
3. Identify challenges or potential issues of investigations that cross jurisdictions.
4. Provide an example of an actual case that highlights aspects of both security and criminal investigations based on your comparison.
Format paper consistent with APA guidelines and must include the following:
4) *Properly cite two quotes directly from the attached ebooks: Process of Investigation (applicable chapters 2, 14, 18 & 22) and Criminal Investigation (applicable chapters 1 & 5)
*Direct quotations must not exceed 20% of entire paper*