Review the entire movie Smoke Signals. movie name is ( How to be a Real Indian)
2. Discuss objects or signifiers, which either address or challenge the concept – either real or imagined – of what an Indian represents.
3. Author a minimum two (2) page double-spaced written response to this movie.
Further Questions: Please address each of these questions as part of the complete document for this assignment.
1. What’s the reason/rational/meaning of the fire and ash within the movie? What does it represent – or – may represent?
2. How and what is the meaning of movement (water, bus, cars, running) as defined within the film? What is the counterpoint of the stalled cars and the car which only runs backward? What do these possibly represent?
3. How is narrative/storytelling used as meaning, description and/or metaphor within the film?
4. Describe an outline of the meaning of contemporary Indians as stated within the film. How is Indian identity constructed, viewed, used, deconstructed, and re/presented?
5. Visibility and invisibility are discussed throughout the film. What meaning(s) do these points outline or portray, given their use? Explain.