For this assignment, suppose that you work for a consulting firm, and that you have been asked to research a company and make a presentation to your client.
For the presentation:
1 Choose a major U.S. company,
2 Research the company and the market(s) in which it competes, and
3 Prepare a presentation of 7-8 PowerPoint slides (with detailed speaker notes).
• Describe the firm, include such information as its:
◦ products or services
◦ annual sales, and
◦ market share
• Describe the market(s) in which it operates.
◦ For instance, does it operate within an oligopoly or monopolistically competitive market, a perfectly competitive market, or is it a monopoly? (Choose the closest fit.)
• Does it operate in only one region of the United States? Does it operate nationally or internationally? Explain.
• Who are its competitors?
◦ Give a brief overview of the other businesses in the market that it competes against.
• Identify and explain at least 2 economic concepts that this firm seems to use to its advantage.
◦ Examples might include product differentiation; attainment of economies of scale; advertising; whether the firm is regional, national, or international; and so on.