Chronic Disease Management
Choose one of the following chronic diseases to address in this component:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus type 2
- Childhood Asthma
Complete the following:
- Detail the population including who the members are, contributing causes, past medical history, family/genetic components.
- Evaluate the population including size, seriousness of disease, special needs, etc.
- Assess the need for formal case management.
- Argue the potential benefits to implementing a case management model including economics, quality of life/care, social disruption, etc.
- Analyze why nursing should be a part of this plan. What can they bring to the table?
- Identify other team members who should be included on a case management team. Why should they be on this team and what is their role?