Individual Article Assignment
Each student has to find an article on an application of Engineering Economy dealing with topics covered in MSE304.(See the sections in the textbook, and the topics covered as they are listed in the Syllabus.)
Each student must post in his/her MOODLE space for the Article Individual Assignment by Tu, May 2 23:55PM three files:
1. Article (copy of it if the original was found in digital format on Internet, or scanned if found in printed-on-paper format in a journal). Inside the file, in upper part of the 1st page you must have the information about you (course, name, assignment) and about the article (its complete reference/source: link on Internet, journal name, volume#, issue #, title of article, author(s). It is OK to add this information by hand if necessary.
2. PowerPoint on the article (5-7 slides; the 1st slide must be a “cover” slide, with course, assignment, student name and reference/source of the article (see 1).
3. One page of report on what are the main ideas in the article. The title of the file is Report of Individual Article on Engineering Economy. In the upper part of the 1st page you must have the information about you (course, name, assignment) and about the article (its complete reference/source: link on Internet, journal name, volume#, issue #, title of article, author(s).
In the report include one paragraph on each of the following:
· what the article is about
· how the article relates to the topics of the MSE304 course
· what you learned from the article about the importance of Engineering
Special care must be given to the names of the files.
The format of the file name must be:
For 1. Article-Smith-Michael-GR#-MSE304SP17
(Here: GR is the group, replace # with your group number, replace what is in red by your own name, last followed by first, but leave the rest as exactly the same as given “GR”, “Article” “MSE304SP17”)
For 2. ArticlePPT-Smith-Michael-GR#-MSE304SP17
For 3. ArticleReport- Smith-Michael-GR#-MSE304SP17
Topics such as:
Nominal and Effective Interest Rates
Present Worth Analysis
Annual Worth Analysis
Rate of Return Analysis
Effects of Inflation