. Determine and present the requirements for a new acute-angled taxiway on Runway 05-23 to accommodate the Airbus A340during south flow operations. The following should be calculated:
a. The appropriate acute-angled taxiwayexit location from the threshold of the Runway23, assuming that a runway exit speed of 55 knots is required. (5 points)
b. The appropriate length of the high speed exit taxiway so that the A340 may come to a complete halt before entering the parallel Taxiway M.(5 points)
c. The exit angle required.(5 points)
d. The anticipated runwayand taxiway occupancy times of the A340. (5 points)
5. Determine if the A340-600 will be able to landsafely on Runway 18C if the proposed high rise hotel is built. Conduct a Part 77 approach surface study. If the plane cannot safely land, how far would the threshold have to be displaced, or how far would the building have to be displaced, or how short should the building be? (10points)
6. Determine if the A340-600 will be able to depart from safely on Runway 36Cif the proposed high rise hotel is built. Conduct a departure path study given that lift off distance (LOD) is 6500 feet, landing gear up (LGU) distance is 8500 feet, and the take-off distance (TOD) is 9333 feet, for the A340-600. If the plane cannot safely depart, how far would the building have to be displaced, or how short should the building be? Based on your previous approach surface study make a final recommendation concerning this proposed high rise hotel.(10 points)
7. Investigate the additional facilities that will be required to upgrade the current CAT I approach to Runway 18C to a CAT III approach. (10 points)
8. Report all of your findings clearly with detail in the paper.(25 points)
Each team will submit one report that clearly describes their analyses and findings in sufficient detail. The following format requirements must be met:
1. Setup the page with 1-inch margins all around, Font: Arial, Font Size: 11, Line spacing: Single
2. Provide appropriate Headings with section numbers, in bold.
3. Use Headers and Footers, Team No. and title of paper in Header, page numbers centered in the Footer.
4. Text should be fully justified.
5. Include any calculations or illustrations in an appendix at the end of the report.
6. Include a list of your references at the end of the report.
7. Create a cover for your report that includes the following:
o Prepared for: Course Name and Section
o Prepared by: List individual team member names
Failure to meet these project report requirements will affect your grade.
This project is due Friday,July10th, 2015. One designated team member should submit an electronic copy to the Airport Design Project dropbox in CANVAS before midnight.Each team membershould also submit their Peer Evaluations in the same dropbox provided before midnight on Friday,July10th, 2015.
The grade for this team project will be determined according to the criteria above. In addition, a peer evaluation by each team member must be completed. You will evaluate all of the members in your team using the peer review form shown overleaf.
Project Peer Evaluation Sheet
This is a team project, and a portion of your overall course grade will be determined by your peer evaluation, as it will be in many employment situations. Be candid and honest, because your evaluation is both an effective critique for the ratee, and will affect team member grades. Project grades may be adjusted upward or downward one full grade level depending upon relative ratings of team members.
Rate each team member on each of the following elements by circling the appropriate numeral. 1=Poor, 2=Below Average, 3=Good, 4=Very Good, 5=Outstanding.