For this Assignment, review the following:
- AWE Checklist (Level 4000)
- Walden paper template (no abstract required for AWE 4000)
- Resources on health care delivery and financing
- Resources on health care outcomes
- Your selected policy from the Week 1 Discussion. I selected the ( Needle exchange programs (some Federal funding available through CDC; approximately five states have legislation on NEPs) specific legislature i’m working on is ” (House Bill) HB 4344 Text” in West Virginia
- The Week 2 Assignment rubric
By Day 7 of Week 2
Submit a 2- to 4-page paper utilizing the selected policy from Week 1, analyzing the impact of financing and budgetary issues.
In addition to this week’s Resources, perform an informal literature search on the funding of your policy. Include at least two articles that discuss cost-effectiveness and cost controls pertaining to either your policy or nursing practices in general. Use these resources to respond to the following prompts:
- Describe how the policy is funded and annual costs of continuing the policy for the last year.
- Analyze any financial and budgetary efforts developed or being proposed to contain costs.
- Relate current cost-containment strategies, including regulations, managed care efforts, or other financial and budgetary initiatives.
- Describe how the financing of your policy impacts health outcomes and the role of the nurse in the workplace.
- Support your responses with evidence.
- In addition to the course resources, you must use at least two articles that discuss cost effectiveness and cost conrols.
Support your ideas or those of others with references from the professional nursing literature.