Create a brief writing that integrates a quotation effectively and correctly, with originality.
To complete this assignment successfully, follow these steps:
– Review sections APA-2, APA-3a, and APA-3b in A Writer’s Reference for information on integrating quotations into your own text.
– Read Rebecca Moore Howard, “Should Educators Use Commercial Services to
Combat Plagiarism?” (page 265).
– Write a brief, two-paragraph explanation of the major topics covered in the essay you have chosen from The Prentice Hall Essential Guide for College Writers. Your two-paragraph explanation of the topic addressed by the author should include a quotation from the essay. Your brief writing should include the author’s name and the title of the essay in the first sentence or two. Use one of the signal phrases in the Hacker text, page 454 to introduce your quotation.
– Include in-text citations in your essay and an end reference list with the citation for the essay.
Your reference should follow this model:
Author’s Last Name, Author’s Initials. (2011). Title of essay. In S. Reid, Prentice Hall essential guide for college writers. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall.
– Comprehensively analyze the writing strategies of an explanatory essay.
– Create a brief writing that integrates a quotation effectively and correctly, with originality.
– Employ all APA conventions for citation and referencing of sources in a summary and response, including appropriate signal phrases for summaries and quotations and accurate citations.
– Apply accepted conventions of grammar, punctuation, language usage, mechanics, and APA document formatting, without error.