Application: Board Roles and Responsibilities
Board Governance & Volunteer Management
DUE 3pm NEW YORK TIME
To prepare for this assignment:
Apa fromat 1-2 pages using Uploaded Resources in referecnes and citation. Submit your assignment by Saturday 3pm New York Time.
- Review Chapters 3 and 4 in the course text, The High-Performance Board, focusing on the roles and responsibilities of boards related to administration, finance, personnel, and programs.
- Think about how these multiple board responsibilities might impact the performance of the board itself as well as of the organization.
- Review the Web site, “Governance: Basics.” Pay attention to the basic roles and responsibilities of the board of directors.
- Think about some of the possible consequences that might arise if there is a conflict of interest or confusion of roles and responsibilities of members of the board.
The assignment (1–2 pages):
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of boards related to three of the following: administration, finance, personnel, and programs.
- Provide examples that illustrate how board fulfillment of its responsibilities in each area you have chosen might impact the success of the organization as a whole.
Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list only for those resources not included in the Learning Resources for this course.
Submit your assignment by Saturday 3pm New York Time.