Read and reflect upon the “Top Ten – Considerations for Evolving into the Role of a Consultant” in Chapter 5 of Roberts text. Propose three (3) actions that IT professionals should undertake in order to successfully achieve the Top Ten. Determine the single most paramount consideration, and justify your selection.
· As an IT professional who may face differing and competing priorities from business units, suggest one (1) strategy for negotiating an achievable project scope without damaging the relationship with business units. Support your answer with the steps that you would take in order to implement your strategy.
· Suppose you work as a security analyst and during a weekly meeting your supervisor asks for your opinion about the ways in which the department could best identify vulnerabilities that a hacker could potentially exploit on a network. Analyze the potential security concerns, and identify what you believe to be the greatest concerns in terms of vulnerabilities. Describe the method(s) you would use to identify the related exploit(s). Explain your desired method(s) to perform this vulnerability analysis.
· Suggest the tool(s) that you would use to perform all or a portion of the analysis mentioned in Part 1 of this discussion. Justify the manner in which such tools could assist with these efforts.
· Any current topic or article related to penetration techniques.
· The instructor insight
· Review the attacks listed on the OWASP website, located at https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:Attack. Focus on selecting three attacks that you believe to be the greatest security threat, rank what you believe to be the top three greatest security threats (e.g., cookie/session poisoning, platform exploits, etc.), and provide a rationale for your rankings. Explain the key inherent dangers of the chosen threats, and indicate the key reasons why you believe such threats pose more of a risk than other current ones in existence. Justify your answer.
· Review the attacks listed on the OWASP website, located at https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:Attack. Focus on selecting three attacks that you believe to be the greatest security threat, rank what you believe to be the top three greatest security threats (e.g., cookie/session poisoning, platform exploits, etc.), discuss the appropriate countermeasures that security personnel could utilize in order to minimize the damage of such threats. Determine whether or not the countermeasures that you have ranked are reactive or proactive in nature, and suggest the primary ways in which each countermeasure could assist in preventing further damage from the threats in question. Explain whether or not honeypots would assist in protecting and evaluating the three threats selected. Provide a rationale for your response.