500 W. addressing ALL of the following topics (a. through h.):
- If the tank in Figure 2-4 on page 26 of your textbook is 40 ft deep instead of 25 ft deep, what would be the pressure on Pressure gage A in psi? Show your work.
- In Figure 2-6, the pressure of the trapped air is 20 kPa. Express the trapped air pressure in psi (i.e., how many psi are equal to 20 kPa). Show your work.
- If the flow rate is 30 m3/s, what is the flow rate in cfs, gpm, and mgd? Show your work.
- Regarding Example 2-9 on page 31 of your textbook, if the area of section 2 is 0.2 m2 instead of 0.25 m2, what would be the velocity in section 2? Show your work.
- Which of the following is a smoother pipe: one with a Hazen-Williams C value of 85 or one with a C value of 120?
- Water flows through an 8-inch diameter, pressurized pipe (Hazen-Williams C = 100) with an HGL slope of 0.02 ft/ft. What is the flow rate of the water in gpm? Use either Equation 2-9 or Figure 2-15 on page 34 f your textbook.
- If the Manning in Example 2-16 is 0.016 instead of 0.013 (all other values remain as they are in the example), what is the discharge in the channel in cfs?
- The graph in Figure 2-22 shows that the flow rate in a sewer is not a maximum when it is flowing full. At approximately what value of d/D does the sewer convey the greatest flow rate? Explain why a sewer’s maximum flow rate occurs when it is less than full.